ACT 1 of Doll's House
As we all already know, act 1 have been very crazy and symbolic. I mean, we have just been introduced to the characters and we already know the things they've done in the past. Now, about Nora, I thought that she was always innocent judging from her actions in the beginning, but she is actually corrupted, forging her father's signature, as from pg. 175, "...No, it was not. I forged Papa's name...", she admits to forging his signature. Also, to me she have a frivolous tone. She doesn't always sound serious.
Let us now talk about Krogstad. "... I once did that ruined my reputation..." (pg. 175). When I heard that he was a lawyer, I was incredulous that he would have done something wrong, but it turns out that he also forged a signature. Also, because of this, he is trying to defend his spot in the job. He tries to fix the his reputation by working at the bank. I can relate this to Tom Sawyer, in which Tom has been known to have a body reputation throughout the town he lives in. Also that he tries his best to get a good reputation with them.
Nicely done Aston. Provide a better introduction next time.
ReplyDeleteI've commented on Jaiden's, Henry's, Josue's, and Sequoia's posts.
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree with you about this play being crazy. It does have a lot of plot twists.
ReplyDelete